NEW BUSINESS LICENCE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The applicant can visit health offices at Chegutu Township, housing offices and complete an application form, or download the application form which he/she has to fill in the details and submit to health offices at Chegutu Township, housing offices.
To Download the Application form click on the DOWNLOAD link below.
- The completed application forms are submitted to the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) for premises inspection which is done after the payment of an inspection fee of $55. EHO will inspect the premises for suitability depending on the type of business after which a satisfactory or adverse report is issued.
- If satisfactory: The EHO will complete a satisfactory report for licensing that the client carries to Town House, Treasury Department for payment of a prescribed fee for the license. After payment, the client is supposed to provide, previous year license, proof of payment, inspection report and tax clearance to the Revenue Accountant, so that the licence can be processed.
- If adverse: The applicant will then work on recommendations by the EHO. When the applicant attends to the defects given on the recommendations by the EHO, he/she will re-inspect the premises. After a satisfactory report, the applicant will be given a satisfactory health report attached to the application form and forward these to Town House, Treasury Department for payment of a prescribed fee for the licence.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- New applicants to pay $55 as inspection fee
- Applicants applying for new licences in a commercially zoned area were granted a waiver of exemption from advertising but those applying in non commercially zoned areas to advertise (Zimbabwe government gazette vol XCIV, No.16).
PROCEDURE FOR RENEWAL OF BUSINESS LICENCES
- Applicant visits the health offices for inspection of premises for licencing by the EHO upon payment of renewal fee of $28.
- After a satisfactory report by the EHO, the applicant will be given a satisfactory health report attached to the application form and forward these to Town House, Treasury Department for payment of a prescribed fee for the licence.
- After payment, the client is supposed to provide, previous year licence, proof of payment, inspection report and tax clearance to the Revenue Accountant's office so that the licence can be processed.
For further inquiries chat with us on the Live Chatting platform. Thank you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT :
- It is illegal to start operating a business without applying to the council and this attracts a penalty of $60.
- A licence can be withdrawn or withheld if it fails to comply with minimum requirements for that business following routine inspections.
- A licence expires on the 31st of December of each year.
- Licencing fees cannot be paid in part.
- A licence must be displayed at all times at a conspicuous position.
For Enquiries please Contact:
Environmental Health section on:
0682152311 or 0682152268